- To increase on-time delivery.
- To Identify constraints leading to improper capacity utilization
- To Reduce changeover times
- To Make strategic capacity expansion decisions based on the dynamic bottlenecks identified.
Pppl gains visibility to see the impact of change and deliver on-time
“I am glad I took the decision to Implement Preactor as it has allowed me to sustain lean Improvements on the shop floor and grow the organization in less time than expected.”- Vijay Kansara, Managing Director, Pradip Polyfils Pvt Ltd
PPPL is a specialist in manufacturing custom filter plates as per customer designs following extrusion, compression moulding, machining and assembly processes. The plant shop floor is equipped with state of the art CNC machines and moulding presses.
The company had a major challenge in the visibility of the production schedule and timely deliveries given the complexity and long lead times of the products. Management was looking for a tool that could give them quarterly, half-yearly and yearly visibility of their orders.
At the shop floor level, the company was facing a changeover challenge, especially in the moulding presses, which require a combination of die-boxes and stamps. The setup times often increased due to the non-availability of a die-box or a stamp. Capital expenditure was difficult to justify as die-boxes were also seen to be underutilized.
- Increase in on-time delivery from 60% to 95%.
- Increase in overall capacity for the existing plant by 22%.
- Overall financial savings of $ 1.5 Million.
- Visibility of all our orders.
- Dynamic response to changes from our customers.
- Efficient communication across the plant and customers.
- Understanding our bottlenecks.